The International Coastal Cleanup
is a world wide event that happens every year in September. Thousands of volunteers work to clean beaches, rivers and streams. This year Howard County will be cleaning up Dorsey Run in Jessup, which has a lot of loose litter, tires and auto parts in the stream and the streambanks.
Staff from Howard County's Recreation and Parks, and the Office of Community Sustainability will be there and will also be on the lookout for "herps" - amphibians and reptiles as part of a survey of Howard County's wildlife.
- Trash collection
- Separate recyclables
- Photograph herp species encountered during the clean up
- Bring your own work gloves, drinks, snacks as needed
- Bring boots or waders if you plan to clean the stream
- Shovels or hoes may be useful in dislodging debris
- No open toed shoes
- Trash bags will be provided
Youth 8-15 yrs. must be supervised by a parent/guardian. The exact meeting location will be emailed to registered volunteers prior to the event date.