Serving Students in Transitional Kindergarten through Grade 8
One Campus. Centralized Excellence.
As a parent, you know that no two children are the same. One might need more hugs and reassurance, while another can’t wait to stay at home alone. But, even though their ages and stages are different, there are some things all children need from their families and their schools:
- To know they are safe, both physically and emotionally
- To be encouraged to explore, research and think critically as a lifelong learner
- To be surrounded by people of character who are respectful and responsible
Your child will find all of those things as they progress from one grade to the next at Columbia Academy’s Main Campus, where we host students in Transitional Kindergarten through Grade 8. Plus, your child won’t need to be as anxious about the start of each new school year. They’ll have the stability of knowing their surroundings and many of their peers, so they can keep their focus on learning at one of the best private schools near Columbia, MD.
Explore Columbia Academy’s Main Campus
Whether you’re looking for a private elementary school or a private middle school, you’ll discover both at our campus on Old Columbia Road. (In fact, we regularly call this campus our Elementary Middle School, or EMS for short.) We are located just off of Routes 29 and 32 — conveniently situated between Baltimore and Washington, D.C.
Busy parents enjoy having a shopping center close to campus that includes a Harris Teeter, Starbucks, and Ritas. Nearby, Maple Lawn offers a number of dining options, as well as shopping and a farmer’s market each Saturday.
But it’s the campus itself that students rave about. Our Elementary Middle School is the capstone school of Columbia Academy, where we offer a premier education and reinforce the values of community, personal responsibility, respect, and integrity. We provide:
- A view to the outdoors in every classroom
- A fully stocked library
- Hot, healthy lunches
- Clubs and after-school activities to challenge students in their pursuit of excellence
- Interactive smartboards and laptops for student use
- Outdoor playground structure, gaga pit, turf field, and more
- Canopied outdoor classroom space
- Rock wall inside the gymnasium
- Well-equipped music room that allows students to discover a love for music
Find Us Nearby
Our hours are 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Friday, and you can find us at:
10350 Old Columbia Road
Columbia, MD 21046
A Parent’s Point of View
– Columbia Academy parent
“We live on Ft. Meade Army base. Columbia Academy is about a 15-minute drive for our family. We chose this school not only for its proximity, but because of the Transitional Kindergarten program, small class sizes, and the academics for our children. It is in a convenient location to run errands before or after pick-up.”