Helpful Tips for Families During the Pandemic
May 19, 2020
How to Talk to your Child about Wearing a Face Mask
- Look in the mirror with the face coverings on. Slowly and gently talk about it with your child using simple words.
- Give children time to look, watch, and get used to what’s new.
- Put a cloth face covering on a favorite stuffed animal.
- Decorate them so they’re more personalized and fun.
- Show your child pictures of other children wearing them.
- Practice wearing the face covering at home to help your child get used to it.
- Answer their questions and give support.
*Children under the age of 2 should NOT wear face coverings.
Thrive During the Pandemic with a Growth Mindset
- Look for the lessons.
- Remember that frustration is normal and helps you grow.
- Recognize that it’s the journey, not the end result, that matters.
- Focus on the good.
- Continue setting goals and challenging yourself in new ways.
- Instead of comparing your situation to others, recognize your own personal growth.
- Give mistakes and failure a chance to teach you.
- Strive for growth, not perfection.
Click here to request more information about our programs.