From our state-of-the-art playground equipment to the highly qualified staff members that implement our modern curriculum, Columbia Academy always has the best resources available for our students.
Safety measures on our campuses include:
- Cameras in every school classroom and throughout the buildings.
- All doors are locked. A keypad for entry by authorized parents and staff is active on front doors.
- All playground equipment is engineered to encourage age-appropriate activities and installed with fall-zone protection that includes poured-in-place rubber or foam padding under astroturf
- All preschool playgrounds are fully fenced.
- Regular inspections guarantee the safest environment for children.
- Every one of our staff members undergoes a thorough criminal background check with the State of Maryland Criminal Justice Information System and the FBI, plus a series of interviews before he or she is hired.
- Staff members must meet rigorous educational requirements before they begin working.
- Once hired, all of our faculty members undergo a series of regular evaluations and attend multiple mandatory training courses to support their continuing education in the field.