Applications for Admission to Columbia Academy Elementary & Middle School are completed online. To apply, click here. After you have completed the application process and secured your application fee, you will be contacted by a school administrator. The application process may include a shadow day and an interview. Should you have any questions during the admissions process, please give us a call at 410-312-7413. Expect to hear back from us very soon!
Five Steps to Enrollment
Step 1: Complete Your Application
Step 2: Admissions committee reviews completed application
Step 3: Admissions committee may contact family to schedule an admissions interview and/or shadow day
Step 4: Admissions committee communicates admission decision to family
Step 5: Accepted families submit completed enrollment packet
Question About Admissions?
Our admissions staff is happy to answer your questions and looks forward to partnering with you throughout the process. Should you have any questions during the admissions process, please give us a call at 410-312-7413 and expect to hear back from us very soon!
Columbia Academy operates on a continuous enrollment basis for the Elementary & Middle School. Below are some frequently asked questions about continuous enrollment.
What is Continuous Enrollment?
Once families have completed enrollment they will be automatically enrolled for the following school year, unless they notify us otherwise.
This will take away the yearly process of reenrolling, and current families will have a guaranteed placement each school year.
Why Continuous Enrollment?
First, for parents this provides simplicity to your busy lives. We want to improve or simplify your experience at Columbia Academy in any way we can.
Secondly, for us this is a major step in our school improvement plan. By ensuring we know our enrollment numbers early we can plan instructional programs more effectively, hire the most qualified staff, and build an even stronger academic program at CA EMS.
Sample agreement terms will include…
- By opting into continuous enrollment my CA student will continue coming back to CA EMS every year unless I notify the school otherwise.
- I understand I have until February 25th each year to notify Columbia Academy EMS of any changes in my enrollment plans for the following year.
- If a family withdraws between February 26th and June 25th they will be required to pay the non-refundable book and technology fee and activity fees.
- If a family withdraws after June 25th they will be required to pay 10% of tuition in addition to the non-refundable fees.
- Unique Circumstances- We understand that plans can change. For any unique circumstances, families withdrawing after the announced deadline will be exempt from paying a 10% tuition penalty. These circumstances include…
- Moving/relocating 25+ miles away from Columbia Academy EMS
- We cannot meet the educational needs of your child, as determined by the Student Assistance and Administrative Team.
- Withdrawing at the request of the CA EMS Administrative Team
- Other circumstances approved by the CA EMS administrative team.