Staying Healthy and Fit When You’re Always On The Go
November 24, 2020
When you’re constantly on the go and trying to juggle the demands of work, family, and school, it’s often hard to take good care of yourself. Here are some tips on how to stay healthy and fit during these busy, stressful times:
- When you can, take the stairs instead of the elevator to burn a few extra calories.
- When shopping, park far away from the front door and enjoy a little walk.
- At the beginning of the week, take time to prep meals for the entire week and place them in portion sized containers so you will have healthy foods and snacks to enjoy without all the work every day.
- Always eat breakfast. A nutritious meal in the morning will boost your mental and physical efficiency.
- Schedule time each day for self-care. Take a power nap, go for a quick walk, enjoy listening to relaxing music, or do some slow stretching.
- Turn off the sights and sounds at night. At bedtime, turn off the television and your phone and relax. A good night’s rest will leave you feeling rejuvenated and more energetic in the morning.
- Avoid staying sedentary and keep moving. Walk around the house while talking on the phone, take a brisk evening walk around the neighborhood, or get up and move during commercial breaks when watching television.
- Think positive! When you feel tired or down, think positive thoughts and try to put a smile on your face. Do a kind deed for someone or pay someone a compliment.
For information about our enrollment and admissions process, please contact our Admissions team at 410-312-5233.